Boils are common skin conditions that appear in human. Oftentimes, they happen on the inner thigh and on the face, armpit, back of the neck, throat, and buttocks as well. Normally, people often get confused between boils and pimples as they often start out similarly with raised and reddish spots on the skin surface. Then boils will keep growing larger and larger, which brings you much more pain. Of course, no one wants to suffer from that pain, thereby needing to know how to get rid of boils.
Actually, you can visit your doctor and ask him for treatments in case your boils are at the severe condition. However, for such a simple skin issue like boils, we often prefer using natural remedies to get rid of it. Within two weeks from the boil appeared, you can treat it by yourself with the following remedies that you can find in your kitchen. In this article, VKool.com would like to show you the list of tips on how to get rid of boils naturally and quickly at home. Let’s see how kitchen staples can help you deal with boils.
21 Tips On How To Get Rid Of Boils Naturally And Quickly
I. What Is Boils & What Causes Boils?
Someone may come up with an idea that almost all of us know what boils are already and why we need to understand the concept deeper. However, what we know about boils is just a simple concept. Understanding boils deeply can help us have proper treatments to remove them.
From the scientific point of view, a boil is considered as a skin infection that starts in either an oil gland or hair follicle. At first, the infectious skin area turns red and then a tender lump develops. From four to seven days later, the lump turns white because pus collects under the infected skin. Normally, they appear on some common places such as your face, neck, shoulders, armpits, and buttocks, as said before. When it comes to your eyelid, the boil is called a sty. Sometimes, they can appear in a group and people call them a carbuncle.
Before finding out ways on how to get rid of boils, we need to know what causes them. According to a 2015-study published in The British Journal of General Practice, suppurative skin infections often happen in those who are colonized with the bacteria named Staphylococcus aureus . Boils are not an exception. In most cases, Staphylococcus, or known as staph, is the main cause. In addition, other bacteria and fungi can also be the reasons for boils. People who have diabetes, poor hygiene, poor nutrition, problems with their immune system, or overexposure to harsh chemicals are more likely to get boils on their body.
Read more: Home Remedies for MRSA
II. Symptoms Of Boils
In fact, boils are typically round in shape and they are raised from your skin surface. As mentioned, when boils appear, the infectious skin turns pinkish red, followed by a tender bump. When pus collects under the infectious skin area, you just want to pop it but this action might cause the condition worse because the infectious factors might be spread out.
Here are some common symptoms of boils:
- Red swollen lump deep in your skin
- Feel painful when touching the lump
- Size can be larger and larger
- The whitish-yellow head may be formed in the center of the lump, which can break and release pus.
- May develop a crust or ooze clear fluid.
Read more: How to Get Rid of A Blind Pimple
III. How To Get Rid Of Boils With Natural Remedies
1. Bread Poultice
Amazingly, bread poultice is also included in the list of natural tips on how to get rid of boils. It will help you to bring boils to the head as well as ease inflammation. When you apply this treatment, the heat from it will aid in increasing circulation, which sends white blood cells fighting infection. The direction is also simple. Give it a trial!
- Soak one or two pieces of bread in warm water or milk
- Then apply this to the infected skin area and let it stay for 7-10 minutes
- Repeat the process twice per day until boils are removed completely.
2. Black Seed
In terms of treating skin infections, black seed is known as a master. Boils are not out of its ability. Actually, black seeds have the medicinal properties, which allow it to relieve pain caused by boils. Furthermore, black seeds, commonly known as black cumin, are produced from the Nigella Steiva plant, a beneficial remedy for infections. According to a study on Nigella Steiva, published in Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine in May 2013, it is reported to have many medicinal functions such as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties . These facts prove that black seeds are helpful for boils treatment so that you can rely on this natural remedy. Besides, many researchers also found that an active component named Thymoquinone contained in black seeds possessed the antifungal properties, which largely contributes to treating skin infections.
If you don’t know how to get rid of boils with black seeds, you should remember the following directions.
- Grind a few black seeds to make a paste. Then apply it on the infected skin area.
- You also can take half a teaspoon of the black seed oil and combine with a cold or hot beverage. Have it twice per day and maintain the habit to get rid of boils effectively.
Is it easy to remove boils with black seed? Yes, for sure. If you have black seeds available in your kitchen, you can try this method immediately. Share your result with us after you follow the direction strictly.
Get more: How to Get Rid of Pimples
3. How To Get Rid Of Boils With Potatoes
Another tip on how to get rid of boils naturally and effectively is to use potatoes. As you may know, potatoes have a rich amount of iron, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, vitamin C, B – complex vitamins, and magnesium, which is very effective for treating several skin-related and health problems. More importantly, fresh potatoes contain alkaloids, tannins, and flavonoids that will ensure a healthy overall skin. Plus, the anti-inflammatory properties contained in potatoes also give you a relief from pain. The antibacterial property of potatoes is also an amazing benefit of this root vegetable. If you want to explore this function of potatoes, you can read a study on potato microbiology .
We also recommend you a tip on how to get rid of boils with potatoes as below.
- You take a potato and then cut it into many thin slices.
- Then you put these slices directly on your affected area.
- Let it aside for 5 to 7 minutes and replace with other fresh slices.
- You should repeat this way twice a day to get the best results.
Note: You may follow this way before the bedtime by putting potato slices on your affected skin and use a cloth to wrap it and let it stay for overnight.
Read more: Potato for Dark Circles
Turmeric is very famous for its ability to fight bacteria. Especially, curcumin contained in turmeric creates the antibacterial function for this natural remedy. A study on curcumin released in 2015 showed that curcumin had the strong ability to go against four main types of bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus , the main cause of boils . With the powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties, turmeric could increase the healing process of a boil.
- Mix a small amount of turmeric powder with a small amount of water to create a thick paste.
- Apply the paste over your affected skin area.
- Wait for at least 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- After a few days, you will notice good results.
- Dilute half a teaspoon of the turmeric powder in a glass of milk
- Then boil the mixture up and have it twice per day
- By that, you can get a natural relief from pain and inflammation caused by boils.
- Keep the habit regular to get the best effect.
You can apply both two above tips on how to get rid of boils with turmeric to help improve your condition.
5. How To Get Rid Of Boils With Onions
As you know, onions are well known for the antiseptic properties, which can help fight skin infections and boost the healing process. Once the juice of fresh onions comes in contact with infected area, it will act as a natural irritant and antimicrobial agent that helps to draw out the head from boils as well as enhance eruption. Moreover, it helps to reduce inflammation and relieve pain simultaneously.
Using onions to get rid of boils is also a simple task. The direction will be suggested as follow.
- Cut a fresh onion into some thick slices
- Place them on the boil then cover with a cloth
- Let it stay for 2-3 hours. Then replace with new onion slices.
- Keep doing this until boils erupt and drain
Get more: Benefits of Onion